Development of the Core facilities;
Participation in the definition and implementation of development strategy of the Nazarbayev University’s scientific infrastructure (hereinafter - the University);
Conducting analyses for the University and external organizations by trained staff and training of the potential users;
Control and regulation of equipment use.
- Performing synthesis, deposition and property characterization of materials and thin films;
- Hands on operation of thin film deposition and processing systems, particularly physical vapor and chemical vapor deposition systems (XPS, mask aligner, RIE, ALD, magnetron);
- A working knowledge of ISO Class 5-8 clean room protocols
- Providing technical assistance on the equipment and technological processes for researchers, students and third party organizations;
- Performing corrective and preventive maintenance on the facility equipment. This involves all necessary documentation and data collection associated with performing equipment calibrations and establishment of process flow;
- Carrying out diagnostics and repair on the equipment when breakdowns occur with assistance of other qualified specialists;
- Coordinating actions in emergency situations involving the safety of people and equipment;
- Preparing technical documents related to equipment use such as technical manuals, standard operating procedures, safety protocols etc.;
- Analyzing the need for laboratory equipment, consumables, and reagents, based on expenditures.
The lowest required academic degree is a Bachelor's degree in materials science, materials engineering or physics (with a focus on materials science/vacuum technology or related)
Work experience in the research/academic laboratory at least 1 year. Work experience on deposition systems and analytical equipment at least 1 year.
- Willingness and ability to learn new information and updates related to the equipment functioning;
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documents, e.g. results of analyzes;
- Be familiar with the consumables and equipment procurement procedures, with making contracts, or other agreements;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines;
- Knowledge on the fundamental safety regulations while working on laboratory equipment;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively autonomously and in a team environment;
Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
Excellent speaking and writing skills in Kazakh, Russian. Proficiency in English is encouraged.
A highly trained PC user