Critical competences :
1. Verify all reservation information with callers to ensure accuracy.
2. Accommodate and document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
3. Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
4. Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers.
5. Describe room accommodations and benefit feature sale amenities to guests.
6. Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
7. Answer guest questions about property facilities / services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
8. Assign confirmation / cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and / or faxing these numbers.
9. Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information, including enrollment in Marriott Rewards program.
10. Follow up selling techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
11. Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes
Essential job function
1. Inform guests of rules and regulations regarding qualifying rates (e.g., government and special corporate rates and discounts).
2. Input and access data in reservation system by entering correct information into proper fields, including Marriott Rewards number, and asking for travel agency IATA and FIT numbers (i.
e., flags, comments, guest messages).
3. Verify availability of room type, rate, and occupancy before confirming any reservations.
4. Process all reservation requests, changes, and cancellations received by phone, fax, or mail.
5. Indicate special room reservation types (e.g., complimentary rooms, employee discounts, travel agent inspection rates, and wholesale reservations) by inputting the correct code and rate into the reservation system.