Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Field Service Engineer is responsible for installation, repairing and maintenance of equipment supplied by LLC "GEHC" to partners and customers in accordance with the laws of the Kazakhstan, the manufacturer specification and Company policies.
Essential responsibilities :
1. Installation, diagnostics, inspection, analysis of technical condition data, repair, preventive maintenance of equipment.
2. Remote diagnostics and technical support of equipment using specialized software via the Internet.
3. Consulting equipment users on equipment maintenance, instructing users on safe equipment operation in accordance with the manufacturer's documentation.
4. Collection and communication of information necessary to promote the equipment and services of the Company :
On the users’ claims received during the job execution regarding the equipment quality and the quality of the equipment maintenance services provided by the Company.
This information should be communicated to the direct manager and service center coordinator.
On the users’ needs to purchase new equipment within Company’s offerings, as well as the demand for equipment maintenance services.
This information should be transmitted to the Company's sales department through the programs announced by the company.
5. Advise employees of the Sales Department on the equipment maintenance procedures, spare parts used for the equipment maintenance, other information based on the technical and operating instructions for the equipment.
7. Ensure compliance with the policies, regulations, instructions, rules and directives adopted by the Company, including those related to labor protection and safety rules.
8. Timely passing through medical examinations, fire, electrical safety and labor protection trainings, compliance and jobs execution technology trainings and other mandatory trainings in accordance with the Company rules and Manager’s instructions.
9. Timely fulfillment of qualification development plans, undergo assigned on-line and in-class trainings.
10. Using and maintaining in working order the communications equipment provided by the Company (laptop, car, working tools, radiation control devices, etc.
in full compliance with the Company’s policies,
Timely provide tools to Company’s responsible employees for inspection, calibration and maintenance.
11. Take up job assignments from the service center coordinator, including :
Inform coordinator and direct manager on all factors affecting the execution of the assigned work, incl. the probable risks arising from the complexity of the work, the quality and completeness of information on the planned work.
Partnering with the coordinator, check the availability of all the resources and conditions necessary to execute the job, incl.
route to the site, tickets and hotel availability, time sufficient to complete the job and present its results to the Customer, spare parts, tools and materials delivery, documentation, software, contact of the Customer's employee responsible for the engineer admission, other conditions for the job execution.
Check the availability of job assignments in the relevant information systems (SNF, OneNote, ServiceMax). If there is no assignment, immediately inform the coordinator about it.
Analyze available information on the content of the planned job (diagnostic results, repair history data, data on the upcoming installation, etc.
Request all necessary additional information from the engineers who previously performed the work, team leaders and direct manager
Check and prepare tools, documentation, PPE, software, etc. necessary for the work.
Check the availability of documents necessary for the job execution : letter of attorney, electrical safety certificates, other documents.
Call the customer’s contact person specified by the coordinator who is responsible for organizing work of the engineer, confirm time of the visit, confirm availability of all the conditions necessary to perform the work.
12. Complete the assignment with high quality, in full and within the planned deadline including :
Timely arrive at the customer site.
In case of a travel delay notify the Customer by phone call immediately.
Notify the coordinator in case of a significant (more than 3 hours) travel delay to the customer site or deviation from the agreed route.
Pass through the instructions specified by the Customer's rules.
Make sure that all necessary conditions for the job execution are provided. In case the assigned work cannot be completed fully and efficiently due to the fact that any conditions for the job execution are not provided, immediately inform the customer and the manager about this in order to decide on the continuation of the work.
In case of detecting risk to life, health as well as to the Advanced Field Service Engineer’s or the Company’s tools and property immediately stop the work and report the situation to the manager.
Further work can be resumed only if confirmed by the Manager and all identified threats are eliminated.
Document the detected defects of spare parts, materials and tools delivered to the place of work as required.
Follow equipment technical and operating instructions, observe the labor protection and safety rules.
Immediately inform the coordinator and the manager of all incidents that occurred during the job execution that led or could lead to injuries, damage to tools or Company’s property, serviced equipment, violation of working conditions and safety.
Continue work until it is completed in accordance with the assignment. If it is not possible to independently complete the task of equipment diagnosing and / or repairing, request advise from engineers experienced in servicing similar equipment.
Upon the job completion, issue a report on the work performed in accordance with the accepted rules. If the task is not fully completed, indicate in the work report facts that influenced the job execution, as well as the action plan proposed for the task completion, incl.
spare parts, materials, tools required. This report should be sent to the coordinator of the service center and the manager by e-mail.
Upon completion of the work ensure that the equipment and the site are tided up. Pack and label the tool, spare parts, materials and documentation accordingly.
Present the work results to the customer / end user. Answer questions about the job performed, provide recommendations for further repair and / or operation of the equipment.
13. Timely provide high-quality and complete reports on the work performed, including :
Technical reports : Debrief, EPM, SR,
E-mail report with the order of spare parts for further repairs
Travel expenses reports
Installation certificates, warranty coupons.
14. Align work priorities with the Manager and ensure their implementation in the specific form established by the Company.
15. Fulfillment of other Manager’s tasks related to the employee’s scope.
Minimum 3 years professional experience in medical equipment maintenance and / or maintenance of other equipment.
Knowledge of Company’s established procedures. Able to solve complex technical issues.
Knowledge of electrical engineering, electronics, radio engineering, mechanics;
Knowledge of physics of the magnetic field, X-rays, ultrasound;
Knowledge of the technical characteristics, design specifics, purpose and equipment operation modes, rules for operation and equipment use;
Knowledge of maintenance, repair, operations methodology and technology;
Knowledge of the repair work methods; scheduled preventive maintenance system and efficient Equipment operation;
Knowledge of the purpose and way of application of the control and testing instrumentations according to their specialization and technical documentation for the equipment;
English language proficiency at the sufficient level for reading technical documentation, reporting and communication within the Company, regular online and in-class learning;
Knowledge of IT, including software setup methods, computer networks, Microsoft and Linux;
Effective communication skills with the users of the equipment by phone and while performing repair work on the customer sites, including briefings, instructions, counseling, complaints and claims prevention and conflict resolution;
The ability to logically coherent and informatively formulate and express the thoughts in the reports on the completed work, technical problems escalation, technical diagnostics results and internal communications;
Skills to fill in the customer documents on the results of the completed work (acts of acceptance, installation certificates, reports and other documents) according to the Company standards and approve it with customers;
Safety knowledges; valid relevant admission certificate.
Relocation Assistance Provided : No