LA is tasked with the following functions:
- provide assistance in conducting laboratory sessions in support of the teaching and research mission of the School;
- maintain laboratory equipment in good working condition;
- prepare plans for laboratory classes in accordance with the instructions of the faculty members and the heads, and the available equipment and reagents;
- work closely with teaching assistants and faculty members of the school in preparation of laboratory sessions;
- control over the acceptance, inspection, testing and inventory of purchased equipment and supplies;
- planning and control of activities related to the installation, maintenance, configuration and ongoing testing of laboratory equipment;
- participate in formation of budget request of the school for the corresponding financial year and for a short term;
- ensuring the proper maintenance of laboratory facilities in accordance with the needs of laboratory users, international operating regulations, and safety
- to conduct pilot tests for laboratory experiments and exercises;
- to train TAs and students on the safe and proper use of equipment;
- to analyze the need for laboratory equipment, consumables and reagents, and to process applications for purchasing the above.
- to maintain adequate inventory;
- to implement the safety plan of the school and the university, including maintenance of records;
- to assist in course related activities and other duties related to the academic and research missions of the school as assigned by Department Head or Dean
Education - Bachelor degree or its equivalent from a higher education institution with English language of instruction; Master’s degree is preferred.
Qualifications - Priority specializations: - STEM majors;
Work experience - At least 1-year experience of working with laboratory equipment. Excellent knowledge of safety basics during the work on laboratory equipment
- Ability to work effectively on an individual basis and as a member in an international team;
- Experience of working with different cultures;
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Eager to work with students;
- Fluency in Kazakh, Russian, English (oral and writing skills).
- Nazarbayev University competency model;
- critical thinking;
- building effective relations;
- interpersonal skills;
- ability to work in team;
- Full-time position
- 3 months probation period