School of Mining and Geosciences at Nazarbayev University invites applications for Open Rank positions in Peteroleum Engineering.
Applications are encouraged from candidates at senior level with expertise in core Petroleum Engineering fields. Workload is distributed between
(2) research and
(3) service activities:
(1) play a leading role in the design, development, delivery and review of courses for Petroleum Engineering Program as well as sustain a high-quality delivery of teaching within the specified area of Petroleum Engineering;
(2) be able to lead and coordinate research within the specified area of Petroleum Engineering and act as principal investigator in research projects at international level;
(3) perform administrative duties as allocated by the University and contribute significantly to the mission of the University by representing the School.
- The successful candidate must have a PhD degree in Petroleum Engineering with a proven research track record and teaching experience commensurate with appointment rank.
- Excellent communication skills and English fluency are required
The appointment is a 3-year renewable contract subject to annual performance reviews.
An attractive remuneration package for international faculty members includes:
- internationally competitive salary;
- annual holiday leave of 56 calendar days;
- two flights for the appointee and dependents to home country per year;
- international health insurance;
- rent-free apartment for the appointee and dependents; and,
- relocation allowance including air fares for the appointee and dependents.
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.