Are you an experienced sales professional that’s hungry for your next big challenge? Do you have a strong understanding of retail operations in Kazakhstan? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners. We launched in Kazakhstan just over a year ago, in September 2019, and have since been conquering the food delivery scene step by step.
However, food delivery was just the start. We don’t want to just satisfy our customers’ hunger, but to deliver a wide variety of products and expand our platform to some cool retail shops, supermarkets, flowers, toys and other exciting products, all referred to as Retail.
To achieve this, we must first assemble the team of motivated sales superheroes who’ll secure the relationships with the retailers that our customers in Almaty want to order from. That means your role as the Retail Sales Manager is to be the true ‘hunter’.
You’ll be tasked with building and managing your own pipeline of Retail partners to approach and sign up to Wolt. This requires a good understanding of both the most appropriate retailers across various verticals to prioritise, as well as strong communication and negotiation skills to get your targets through the sales funnel.
As time progresses and more Retail partners are onboarded, the targets and duties of the role may develop. This means that you must thrive in the ‘start-up’ environment where constant change means there’s always lots to get your teeth into!
What you’ll be doing
- Systematically managing the pipeline of new potential partnerships and building relationships with the identified retailers - ensuring to tailor the approach accordingly to best position Wolt as a partner of choice.
- Identifying potential partnerships with retailers that will enhance Wolt’s portfolio, and using the right blend of data and logic to gauge potential retailer performance and unit economics.
- Having a deep understanding of the competition and various verticals in the market (supermarkets, convenience stores, florists, bakeries, etc.)
- Conducting negotiations regarding partnership terms and continuing ownership for the relationship until the retail development team steps in.
- Actively inputting on the local sales strategy that accelerates Wolt’s Retail market entry.
- Ensuring there’s an optimal product selection per each Retailer for Wolt’s platform.
- Extensive experience within retail sales - for example, FMCG or alcohol wholesalers.
- A natural ‘hunter’ with hunger to build and create a portfolio from the ground up.
- Demonstrable consultative sales approach - someone that can build relationships and tailor our offering and business model to a specific partner based on various parameters.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent analytical skills - such as translating data into actions, or analyzing sales metrics and producing relevant KPIs.
- Fluent in Kazakh, Russian and English.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
What you’ll get by joining us:
- Opportunity to be part of building something exceptional, in an international environment
- Lots of learning and growth in a globally scaling tech company
- Along with a competitive salary and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Olga Drabkin, Talent Acquisition Partner - email@example.com
Please note that we do not accept applications by email - please apply through our careers page.