they add cybersecurity, automation, and communication. They use cutting-edge technologies and operate at speeds that push other pieces of the grid to go faster.
As an Project Engineer I - Networking in Engineering Services, you’ll provide solutions and services that help our customers protect and control critical electrical infrastructure and power systems worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possesses, understands and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of power system networking and security and related SEL products.
2. Train and assist customers with the creation, design, configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and / or protection systems.
3. Complete and implement assigned work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
4. Participate in the preparation of functional design specifications.
5. Prepare and maintain detailed design documents, reports, checklists, test reports, and deliverables.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
2+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and networking / security practices and philosophies
Good knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and / or automation and communications applications
Working knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 50% based on focus area
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills in English and Russian
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Working knowledge of NERC / CIP compliance and / or NIST SP800 security requirements
Engineer in Training certificate
Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
Project engineering experience
Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service.
This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.