Senior manager is imposed with the following functions:
1) generating School budget;
2) monitoring and analyzing School budget implementation;
3) recognizing School’s costs by budget items, supervised by the School on its own;
4) interacting with private entities on the issues of School budget generation and implementation;
5) monitoring School ’s costs under “Travel costs” item;
6) agreeing on all payment applications, trips orders of School students for consistency with School budget;
7) agreeing Contracts with third parties for consistency with School budget;
8) maintaining costs recovery to foreign personnel of the School within approved social policy of the University;
9) administrating problematic issues of School employees, related to compensation;
10) maintaining internal correspondence of the School on financial matters;
11) economic analysis of individual issues of School activity, as necessary;
12) administrating the issues and activities related to improvement of internal processes, School systems;
13) participating in University meeting on the issues of budget and finances;
14) processing internal applications of the School regarding procurement in NULITS, USM;
15) developing decisions on core activity of the School;
16) making recommendations for interaction processes improvement;
17) cooperating with administrative divisions of the University in providing reports and data, as necessary;
18) recording and tracking official instructions, given by the University management to the School on the issues within his/her competence, as well as subsequent preparation of reports for the Head;
19) assisting the processes of risks identification, assessment, management, monitoring within the framework of supervised area;
20) ensuring compliance with internal regulatory documents of the University and legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan as to protection and non-disclosure of confidential information by School employees;
21) providing reports and data on the issues within his/her competence upon request of structural School s of the University in agreement with the Head;
22) monitoring compliance with internal regulatory documents of the University on the issues within his/her competence;
23) timely and qualitative performance of other assignments of the School Head within his/her duties and authorities.
Education Higher-professional, preferable from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction.
Qualifications Preferred majors:
- Accounting and Auditing;
- Humanities and Social Sciences;
- International Relations;
- other majors related to functional responsibilities.
Required work experience is defined in accordance with standard qualifications for administrative positions at the autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”.
- knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of education;
- English language translation;
- record keeping in the state and English languages;
- knowledge of processes and tools in the field of financial reporting, and economic analysis, and planning;
- developed skills of strategic analysis and budgeting: knowledge of methods for collecting, processing and analyzing economic data;
- advanced negotiation skills, work planning;
- high analytical and organizational skills;
- Professional skills in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), as well as 1C;
- fluency in Kazakh, Russian and English languages.
- The University competency model;
- commitment to goals and values of the University;
- critical thinking;
- building effective relations;
- interpersonal skills;
- teamwork skills;
- developed leadership skills;
- ability to work in multicultural environment.
Permanent, Full-time position, 40 hours/week, 3 month of probation period