1. Operations Manager is imposed with the following functions:
1) working under the overall guidance of the Head;
2) development and submission of proposals for the Strategic Plan of the School and the Operational Plan of the University (in relation to the School), within its competencies;
3) generating Activity Plan, following up and monitoring, as well as reports on Activity Plans implementation;
4) developing risk register of the School, monitoring issues related to the School’s risk register, as well as report on risk register implementation;
5) participation in the processes of identification, assessment, management, monitoring of risks within the framework of the supervised area;
6) coordination and administration of issues related to the launch, implementation and support of new and ongoing educational programs;
7) coordination and administration of organizational issues for conducting short-term seminars, courses and lectures;
8) organization of a meeting and arrival of invited professors and guests of the School;
9) the development of contracts for short-term seminars, courses and lectures, as well as the preparation and delivery of reports, invoices and acts of services rendered on them;
10) the development of contracts for short-term seminars, courses and lectures, as well as the preparation and delivery of reports, invoices and acts of services rendered on them;
11) providing consulting support to visiting professors according to the rules and requirements of the University for conducting open lectures;
12) the collection, accounting and monitoring of the implementation of the recommendations of the internal audit, as well as protocol instructions given by the University School Management;
13) developing decisions on core activity of the School;
14) cooperating with the University’s Schools in submitting reports and data, as necessary;
15) recording and tracking official instructions, given by the University management to the School on the issues within his/her competence, as well as subsequent preparation of reports for the Head of the School;
16) at the request of the structural units of the University, with the approval of the Head, the provision of reports and data on issues within its competence;
17) monitoring compliance with internal documents of the University on the issues within his/her competence;
18) timely and proper fulfillment of other orders of the Head and the University management within the framework of his/her responsibilities and powers.
2. In order to fulfill abovementioned functions, Operations Manager execute following duties:
1) timely and properly execution of tasks of the Head and the University`s management;
2) observe the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the University`s internal documents;
3) perform job duties in good faith;
4) strictly respect labor and performance discipline;
5) observe provision of the University`s mandatory internal documents;
6) in case of dismissal or transfer to another position –pass all paper and digital information, to another person, specified by Head of the School, under act of acceptance-transfer, and submit the inventory assets to the accountable officers of the University.
- Business administration.
- Educational Management
- Ability to work with a large amount of information;
- organisational skills
- analytical skills;
- knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
Higher, education in higher education institutions with teaching on English would be an asset.
- For Bachelor’s degree – working experience at least 3 years in areas, corresponding to functional areas of certain position in international and/or national companies;
- For Master’s degree – working experience at least 1 year in areas, corresponding to stated functional duties;
- or at least 2 years of working experience in Nazarbayev University.