1) planning, implementation and coordination of recruitment activities in the Almaty, Zhambyl, Turkestan, Kyzylorda regions (hereinafter – the southern regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and in the countries of Central Asia, including Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan (hereinafter – Central Asia) in order to attract applicants/candidates to the academic programs of the University;
2) advising interested individuals on the rules of participation in the competition to study on the academic programs of the University;
3) interaction with structural divisions of the central and local executive bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan, with foreign partners, educational organizations, specialized organizations and other bodies for the implementation of recruitment activities and competitive selection in the southern regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as in Central Asia for admission to the academic programs of the University;
4) making proposals to the Head of Division to improve the processes of recruitment of applicants/candidates;
5) participation in the processes of identification, assessment, management, and monitoring of risks within the supervised direction;
6) timely and properly fulfillment of other orders of the Head of Division and the University management within the framework of his/her responsibilities and powers;
7) possess all necessary information about the University admission requirements and provide full and reliable information about the admission process;
8) collaborate with the University divisions that are involved in the recruitment process;
9) provide consultations to applicants/candidates through various means of communication, including online platforms and search engines etc.;
10) work with the electronic database of applicants/candidates and CRM system;
11) participate in educational exhibitions, promoting the University and its academic programs to potential applicants/candidates;
12) participate in the recruitment of applicants/candidates and conduct presentations about the admission processes of the academic programs of the University.
Higher-professional, preferable from the higher education institutions with English language of instruction
– Educational Management;
Required professional experience
Required work experience is defined in accordance with standard qualifications for administrative positions at the autonomous organization of education “Nazarbayev University”.
At least two years of professional experience in the field of marketing, public relations, projects management, management in education and/or corporate management is preferable.
- knowledge of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of education;
- reports and policy briefs preparation skills;
- well-bred speech and communication skills;
- presentation skills;
- computer design skills;
- knowledge of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint;
- knowledge of English, Kazakh and Russian languages.
Personal competencies and skills:
- Nazarbayev University competency model;
- commitment to the goals and values of the University;
- critical thinking;
- building effective relations;
- interpersonal skills;
- ability to work in team;
- distinguished leadership skills.
Recruitment and selection process
Recruitment and selection at Nazarbayev University include the following process: preliminary selection based on experience and qualifications, assessments (e.g. technical skills/capabilities, aptitude, personality, work samples, in-basket exercises, and informal interviews), and motivation.
Formal interviews form the final stage of the selection process.
They are typically based on organizational values and behaviors and conducted in English.
You are encouraged to share your views and values to identify how they fit into Nazarbayev University core values