Executive Pastry Chef
Location : The Ritz-Carlton, Astana
Astana, Kazakhstan Category : Food and Beverage & Culinary
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18001HAF
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us Critical tasks : Responsible for all baked items, sweet desserts, frozen desserts, show pieces and competition pieces and special amenities served within the hotel property.
The chef should provide input for creativity menu ideas for banquet items and the new desserts for the outlets. The chef provides the method for preparing all production items in a time efficient and cost effective manner Critical competences : 1.
Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.2. Ability to prioritize, organizes, delegate work and follow through.
3. Ability to think clearly, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.4. Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests orders.
5. Ability to maintain good coordination6. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved.7. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
8. Ability to supervise, train and direct employees; give correction when needed9. Ability to plan and produce pastry displays and desserts10.
Ability to comprehend and follow recipes11. Ability to expand and condense recipes12. Ability to produce created and artistic desserts13.
Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.14. Ability to work cohesively with coworkers as part of a team15.
Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team. Essential job function 1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment and tools2.
Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation / health regulations and requirements.3. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental / hotel policies and procedures.
4. Meet with Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
5. Ensure that assigned staff has reported to work; document any late or absent employees.6. Coordinate breaks for assigned staff.
7. Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the shift. Identify situations which compromise the department’s standards and delegate these tasks.
8. Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the pastry shop; rectify any deficiencies. 9. Prepare amenity orders for Room Service in accordance with specified requirements and hotel standards.
10. Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards11. Inform purchasing of any shortages before the item runs out.
12. Monitor performance of assigned staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
13. Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.14. Maintain production charts according to departmental standards15.
Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.16. Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
17. Responsible for reviewing daily banquet functions and special outlet activities, making all updates, changes and assignments to personnel.
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them.
As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over.
We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Accountable for overall success of the daily pastry operations. Exhibits creative baking and decorating talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent pastries for all areas.
Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all pastry areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced.
Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Areas of responsibility comprise overseeing all pastry food preparation areas.
Education and Experience
Leading the Discipline Teams
demonstrates honesty / integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Maintaining Culinary Goals
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
The Ritz-Carlton does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.